The Cornwallis Cenotaph, was built at the junction of Mount Road and the road leading to the Adyar river that from 1800 came to be known as Cenotaph Road. It remained there till 1906. “It was moved in the year 1880 to its present location, formally known as the Bentinck building after Lord William Bentinck, governor of Madras presidency.” The old #building was demolished and given a makeover, but the cenotaph was retained.
Chennai Collectorate. Rajaji Salai. Parry’s Corner.