Next to the Victoria hostel is a bungalow that was once the residence of the Principals of the College of Engineering. The Lodge, as it was known, was occupied between 1880 and 1907 by Col. Henry Davison Love of the Royal Engineers. Love, after graduating from the Royal Military Academy in Woolwich, came to Madras where he became Assistant Master at the College in 1876. Subsequently he worked in the Public Works Department, the railways and as under secretary to the Government before becoming acting principal of the College in 1879 and finally Principal in 1880. Source The Hindu.
Please check the “Abandoned” theme interpreted by others across the world here LINK.