Mary Immaculate, the shrine in Perambur.
In 1879, in commemoration of the silver jubilee of the proclamation of the dogma of the Immaculate Conception, Fr. H. Hennessey, Parish Priest of St. Andrew’s Church, Vepary, Madras, built a chapel at Perambur. This chapel was blessed and dedicated to Our Lady of Lourdes in 1880 and served the spiritual needs of the catholics then residing in the locality. from their website.